Friday, April 27, 2012

She works with her hands in delight

Hello to all my blog readers, whoever they may be and wherever they are.  (In other words, if you read my blog and are out there, please comment!  I hate writing into thin air.)

Tonight, I share with you some long-overdue shots of my recent handworks.  First, a project I worked on for over a year, and am thrilled with the outcome--my Proverbs 31 cross-stitch sampler!  I saw one of these a friend had made years ago, and was inspired, but...........didn't get around to it for awhile :)

       

Second (and last for tonight) is a capacious, cozy shawl that I finished too late to wear this past winter :( 
But I certainly will next time cold weather rolls around!




Happy stitching!
xoxo,
Elise

PS---pssssssst!  Our website is open!!!  Do be a dear and go have a look and tell me what you think!  It's been a long time in coming and we are so thrilled.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post, Elise. I really like your sampler - it turned out beautifully! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speaking! Your blog is beautiful; I love the new... er...cover photo? And a big congratulations, again, on the lovely website. Even though I never comment on your blog (I'm not even sure if this will show up because I really don't know what I'm doing) I read it faithfully and enjoy it very much.

    hugs. big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do...I do!! :) Love the sampler, Elise! It's one of my favorite patterns! :) Also, great job on the website! It looks really professional...and the skirts are adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elise,
    That shawl is beautiful! Did you crochet it?
    Have a lovely day... : )

    Blessings,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments, girls!

    J-thanks for reading :D

    Tessa-Thanks! I actually knit the shawl. It was a fun project!

    ReplyDelete