Monday, April 14, 2014

"there are FLOWERS down here!!!!!"

I went through a time last month when I was extremely discouraged.  In the midst of this, my family randomly showered me with gifts!  It was such a sweet reminder of God's knowledge of my struggles, His love for me as His child, and His plans for my ultimate good.

"But now, thus says the LORD, your creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel,
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you.  
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you."
Isaiah 43:1-2

One night, Dad came home with a ruby-red bunch of my favorite Ranunculus flowers!

Ellie surprised me one afternoon with this sweet note on my wall :)  She is so creative!

Even more ranunculus!  This bunch was from Ellie.

My favorite roses--ORANGE!  From Libby, who knows me so well.

My joke during this time became, "One nice thing about being at the bottom of the barrel 
is that there are FLOWERS down here!"  :)

xoxo,
Elise

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are so beautiful! My guy friends make fun of me for how much I love flowers, but I can't help it. How much more proof do we need that God is good and loves beauty than the existence of a plant which has the sole purpose of being beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a sweet family. And I'm happy to know the name of the flowers I, also, have admired for so long! You and I must be related...

    ReplyDelete