Thursday, March 24, 2011

A new 'do

Good morning!

Occasionally I will take some extra time to play with my hair. Today was one of those times:D


I decided to try a hairstyle I've been thinking about, from the old black-and-white movie, A Damsel in Distress. Joan Fontaine wears a crown of braids similar to mine, but hers are actually rope braids. I was not prepared to master the rope braid for this, so I just did regular braids.

It was really quite easy! First, I had to part my hair in the middle, which was rather traumatic:) I haven't done it for probably 10 years. After that, I did 2 little quifs and bobby-pinned them in place, then braided and pinned the braids in place.

Here's my inspiration:


Have a lovely day!




3 comments:

  1. I don't know, I think it looks better on the in the picture! JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you look really cute in that hair do!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elise! I really like it! It's very elegant and yet still really cute and it makes you look SO old (I mean that as a compliment by the way! :D) I highly approve of the new up do! :D
    *hugs*
    <3 Kaity

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! I've only done braids that wrap around the back of my head, not over the top, so I'll have to try this.

    idea: it might work just fine to leave your hair in a side part if you want to (if you don't mind deviating from the picture a little) and braid from there. I always do that and the two braids seem to stay equal in thickness.

    love you!

    Janna

    ReplyDelete