Friday, January 27, 2012

The Clothesline

*******
Ode to the Backyard Clothesline

You'll say I'm "quaintly countrified,"
Old-fashioned--as you please,
But I love the sight of fresh, clean laundry
Tossing in the breeze.
To suspend each garment on the line,
Then give the wind full play;
To caress and gently fragrance
In that sweet "outdoorsy" way.
They bask in sunny radiance,
Towels neatly hung in rows;
Snowy linens snapping crisply,
Darling dancing baby clothes.
And when at dusk I gather them
I feel extremely blessed
That line-dried and sun-kissed cleanliness
Clothe the ones I love best.

by Juanita M. Vernon
*******

I do love clotheslines! We don't have one now, but we used to, and I miss it! The smell of your clothes and sheets is so good fresh off a clothesline! Today it feels like spring--sunny, blue skies, and warm. I know it's January, and I love cold weather, but I am enjoying the sunshine and warmth!
Have a blessed day!
xoxo, Elise



No comments:

Post a Comment