Monday, January 21, 2013

A comrade's golden birthday

Libby turned 21 today!  And I sang her a very special song this morning.
"21 today, pom pom..." :D
(If you've read PG Wodehouse's A Damsel in Distress, you know the song too.)


I thank the Lord for the past 21 years I have been privileged to spend with this comrade.  We squabbled plenty growing up, but since we were each saved, our relationship has been such a blessing to me!  
Libby has exhorted me in my relationship with God countless times and I am so thankful for her gifts in that area.  This quote is so true of us...

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.  ~Toni Morrison

Libby and I are sometimes so similar it's scary, but at other times we are total opposites.  That is part of the beauty of having a sister, and I am blessed to have three! :)

I love you so much, Libby!  
May the Lord bless you this year and utterly satisfy your heart with Himself !
xoxo,
Elise

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! :) The Lord is very gracious for blessing us so graciously with sisters! :) I hope she had a wonderful day! Love you both! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Elise. I really like this picture. We both look very much ourselves. Very sweet post, and I would say the same thing of you ; ) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My beautiful, beautiful girls! What a blessing you are to me in your hearts for God. Thank You, Lord for Your mighty work in their lives.

    ReplyDelete